Verdict - 4/5
Wednesday, 9 July 2014
Verdict - 4/5
Monday, 7 July 2014
Verdict - 5/5
Sunday, 6 July 2014
Hello folks, today's post is a little 'text-heavy' so apologies for that. I spoke to a few people on Twitter who mentioned that they'd like to know more about the desert adventure that Jack and I went on in Morocco. I appreciate that my holiday to Morocco feels like a lifetime ago now, however blogging and working isn't the easiest to keep on top of (as fellow bloggers will appreciate) so yes, apologies for the lateness of this post! Anyway, I've decided to write quite a detailed post on how to go about organising your own excursion if you fly into Fes and want to head across to Marrakech via the beautiful desert. It's definitely worth a read if you're interested in that kind of thing!
C A M P I N G I N T H E D E S E R T
- A jeep excursion during the day - which to be honest, I probably wouldn't bother with as it consisted of visiting a lake, looking at some local irrigation systems and visiting a 'Berber village' which was essentially a large tourist shop.
- A camel ride into the desert - this bit was good and it was just Jack and I, and a Berber man who was on hand to take lots of photos of us on the camels!
- An overnight stay in a luxury camp (the tent includes a proper double bed with a plumbed in toilet, shower, sink, etc. - click here to see a pic of the room) with a four course meal and entertainment. We were the only ones there so we had four people waiting on us and the whole camp to ourselves which was pretty funky.
- A huge breakfast the following morning overlooking the sand dunes.
- Transfer via jeep back to Riad Madu.
A I T B E N H A D D O U